Friday 6 September 2013

Lay N Go make up storage


One of the big nuisances in this life is squeezing too much make up into too small a bag or box and having to tip it all out to find what you need. First world problems and all that ;) Another nuisance is having your one year old son charge at you sticky fingered just when you've tipped all your make up over your lap. At least one of those issues the new Lay N Go Cosmo can deal with; and to be honest, I don't expect a beauty product to be dealing with sticky, grabby, chunky little one year old fingers.

The idea with the Lay N Go is that you put your make up into it (mwahahaha laugh the make up addicts... that will be the make up you are using that day then...) and then open it out like a big saucer. Ta-da! You can see everything you need and can fish around happily in it. When you are finished, you simply pull the cord and well... go. It's not surprising that this is patent pending now is it? Simple ideas are often the best!

There is a zipped compartment to keep smaller items that you don't want to lose, such as rings and necklaces. 

I was really pleased to find out that they also have a children's version coming out, which sounds like it will be perfect for keeping Lego and Playmobile pieces together and tidy (and when I say tidy, I also mean free from little grabby hands and free from landing up under my bare feet as I tiptoe to the toilet in the night agh!)

Now, whilst I am championing this fabulous little invention fairly loudly and widely, I have to report that there are a few teething problems with the design (in my opinion). The first is that it is a lot smaller in real life than you imagine it to be from the photos. Don't have that much make up? Not a problem. Even if you don't wear that much make up day to day, it's not a problem... but I have to face facts here... the kind of people who will find this product and pay the pennies required to purchase it will probably have a LOT of make up they want to be lugging around.

Now the lugging around is the second issue. When you pull the cord and whizz it up, there is still a hole in the top. Now I don't know about you, but I treasure my make up like I treasure old friends. I don't want to lose my Real Techniques brushes, or my Canmake blush right out of the top and let it roll around in my handbag or suitcase. Yes, there is the zipped pounch, but really, I'd recommend that they add a velcro flap over the top to save my peace of mind when it comes to my precious'

All in all however, it's a great bit of kit. It's simple, it's practical, and it's washable. If I lost it, I would be replacing it immediately, and that I think says a lot as the price tag is at the slightly higher end.



No comments:

Post a Comment