Thursday 5 September 2013

Lavshuca Tropical Island palette


Shiny Trip Eyes is an unusual name for a series of eyeshadow palettes, but actually it does describe these little palettes well as they are perfect for creating shimmery eyes on the go. Lavshuca is again a Japanese brand and NeNe from Bunny and Spice suggested I try one of the series and I chose Tropical Island. Tropical Island is this adorable little quad with the yellow, turquoise, pink, and brown shadow combination.

As you can see there is a fair amount of eyeshadow in the palette, although I have to admit to never actually finishing any eyeshadows before moving on to a newer version; and only ever hitting pan in one. Nevertheless, I am always impressed by the amount of product you get for your money.

You can see from the photo that there is a tiny amount of fall out from the shadows, but considering the shimmer the fall out is not unsurprising. The shadows are really soft and easy to work with both with and without primer. They apply easily and they blend easily with each other.



Unlike a lot of quads I own, I can wear this completely on it's own without needing to find any extra colours. I have found that I can also create a surprising amount of different looks with just the four shadows in the palette.

As you can see from the swatches, the blue and the brown are really pigmented, with the yellow and pink much more subtle against my skin tone. Because of the softness of the formula, it is also possible to blend the blue and brown out to  create a much softer effect.
I've been really impressed with this palette, partly due to the versatility of the colours themselves, and partly due to the prettiness of the packaging. Mostly, however, I am impressed with this palette because of the quality of the formula. The softness and ease of blending makes it very easy and enjoyable to use.

I'm not sure whether it is NeNe's talent in knowing the very best of the Japanese products available, or that Japanese cosmetics are an amazing quality, but I'm fast becoming a big fan of Japanese brands.



No comments:

Post a Comment