Saturday 31 August 2013

Review: Sans Soucis Mascara

Mascara is one of those pieces of make up that you really need to get right. How many of us have looked someone in the eye only to be distracted by stuck together clumpy lashes? Just me? I didn't think so! As a blonde, I need mascara to avoid that blonde eyelashed look favoured by Jon Bon Jovi and errr... piglets. Sadly, I also have incredibly sensitive eyes so am limited in my choices.

Sans Soucis is a German brand who uses thermal spring water from Baden Baden. Their skincare is absolutely amazing, I highly recommend. I have also tried some of their eyeshadows and they are good, sturdy products; not in the same league as their skincare, but certainly worth the pennies paid.


Today, however, I'm reviewing the mascara. My first impression is that the brush (above) is a very unusual shape and you can see from the photo that the mascara is stringy and wet. I found it difficult to work with the brush and the consistency, especially when trying to coat the lashes right down into the base.


I found it really tricky as well to get the brush into the inner corners and due to that I gave up on the lower lashes. The colour is very good, a proper rich black, sadly this only seemed to highlight where I'd missed lots of the lash. I also found the mascara to go on clumpy.
  
(before)                               (after)

You'd be forgiven for thinking that there isn't a great deal of difference between the before and after photographs. In fact, the after photograph is possibly slightly more unflattering as the mascara is heavy and it is pulling down the lash. This mascara did not suit me at all. I think that I could make it work however if I used it with false lashes or if I discarded the oddly shaped brush and used a disposable brush so that I could work it through the lash properly. In it's favour, I can also report that it lasted all day and didn't smudge at all. 

I would be really interested in hearing from others who have tried this mascara, and also any of the other Sans Soucis make up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment