Saturday 31 August 2013

Big feet, little feet, Gel-y foot spa goodness!



Fancy dunking your feet in jelly at the end of a long day?
Well today, thanks to the beauty crowd, I had the pleasure of doing just that! Gelify Spa Luxury Foot Soak is a foot bath product that turns the water into jelly. And it's not just for feet - Gelify also make a bath version so you can dunk your whole body into jelly.

The concept is not a new one, but as far as I'm aware it's been designed more with children in mind rather than a nice relaxation bath for adults. Now why should the kids have all the fun, hey? Having said that, when I came to test this, I asked my husband whether he wanted to try it with me. He declined. I made jokes about lime jelly naked twister and his interest peaked a little, but I figured I was fighting a losing battle and enlisted the help of my five year old daughter who was very excited by the concept.

Within the box you get three foot bathes, each consisting of two steps. 


You have a step one, which turns the water into jelly, and a step two which turns the jelly back into water. The step two is just Sodium Chloride (in other words salt). Fill your foot bath and sprinkle in step one. Give it a swish.


The water then turns into jelly. My daughter was very excited, but I have to admit that I had hoped for a lot thicker jelly. I think mine didn't work exactly as I'd hoped for several reasons. The first is that I used too much water. The second is that I live in a hard water area and therefore I'm thinking that the salt and mineral levels in the water mean that I should have used less water or more product. Gelicity comes from North Wales where the water is possibly a lot softer (I'm assuming this because when I lived in West Wales the water was very soft - it saved me a fortune in shampoo!)


 Looking at the video advertising the bath gel, it's clear that the water turns into a thin gel, very similar to mine. It also talks about little balls of gel which then can be used for massage. My water certainly turned to little balls. Little balls of nuisance at times as they rolled out and accidentily got onto the floor.


When you've finished paddling in gel, you use the antidote (salt) and turn the gel back into water. It took a few moments to work and there were still a few rogue balls dancing around. I was really pleased when my feet came out of the water to find that they were really lovely and soft. Now I've used a lot of foot masks and foot bathes and I'm used to soft toes as a result, but I'd say that this left my feet really soft. It has also left my hands nice and soft too. Result!

Although it wasn't quite what I expected, I'd say Gelify have a good product going on there. I'm a little dubious about the amount of mess a whole bath of little jelly balls could make, but a foot bath is just about the right amount of gel I'd say (although I have to admit to wanting all of my skin to feel that lovely and soft). I'm not sure whether I would buy it again, and I think this might be something that Gelify find. It will be easy to tempt people to try it, but will it be something that people will purchase regularly?

Are you tempted? If you are you'll be pleased to know that Gelify are advertising on their website for reviewers. Will you be contacting them?


No comments:

Post a Comment