Saturday 24 August 2013

If you love the smell of old churches... Demeter's Holy Water!

Being a history loving pagan, I absolutely adore old church buildings. I love the coolness of the building when you walk in, I love the decor, and I love the quietness and stillness in the air. Most of all though, I love the smell, which is quite unlike anything else, except perhaps the smell of abandoned castles.

Demeter Fragrance Library's Holy Water fragrance promises the embodiment of that dusty old church smell. If you've not experienced Demeter fragrances before, then I highly recommend seeking them out. They are light, subtle, easy wearing fragrances that are unusual (but mostly highly pleasing) subjects such as Thunderstorm, Crayon, Grass, and Sugar Cookie. They don't last long on the skin and many of the flavours are very similar to each other, but when you find a goodie... it's a goodie!

So what does Holy Water smell like according to Demeter Fragrance Library?

I am pleased to report that the overwhelming note is Lily, underpinned by a much more subtle clean freesia type smell. There is a very slight hint of muskiness, but it blends in well. It is a very pleasant and easy to wear fragrance and if I close my eyes I can imagine that cold stone smell and stillness in the air I so love in old church buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment