Wednesday 28 August 2013

Canmake Stay On Balm Rouge

Canmake is a Japanese cosmetics brand whose make up range is what I typically think of when I think of Japan. They are cute with floral and cartoon like packaging, and a lot of candy colours. I find that the Japanese love of porcelein skin and rosy cheeks and lips really suits my English rose colouring and therefore the Japanese pastel and candy colours are a very fortunate match for me.


When my friend NeNe from Bunny and Spice asked me if I wanted to try the Canmake lip balm stain (think Revlon Just Kissable or Clinique Chubby Stick but without the pencil tip) I jumped at the chance! 

 As you can see, it differs from the other balm stains by applying like a lipbalm with a flat rounded end rather than the usual pencil type finish. Although this is slightly more difficult to apply and doesn't look as appealing as the chunky pencils, I think it is just as easy to use. It's also a lot easier to see just how much you have left.


NeNe chose a very flattering strawberry red colour for m, and as you can see from the swatch opposite, it applies as a gentle sheer 'just been kissed' colour. When the gloss fades through the day, the 'just been kissed' stain continues.  

 On the lips the gloss is evident, but only in the way that it gives the lips a healthy, soft shine rather than a sticky, glossy look. It is pretty durable and I found that it also works well with a stronger red lipstick on top. This suits me well for days when I know I won't have access to my bag to be reapplying every few hours. I can start the day with drama-rama red, but know that I'll end the day still with a soft definition to my lips.

I have to say that I have found the trend for balm stains really refreshing. I've never been a gloss fan, but I do like my lips to look soft and healthy and I naturally have dry lips.I do wonder how long the trend for balm stains will last. Will they be a flash in the pan and over by Easter 2014? Or will they be a style that runs and runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment