Thursday 29 August 2013

Barefoot Venus bath time!

Natural, luxurious bath products are my idea of heaven. I really enjoy those extra long, extra hot baths where you can completely relax. With two children, a job, and various writing projects it's not often in a day that I have time to think!

Barefoot Venus are a Canadian bath and body company with a range of indulgent and natural treats. Again, I was lucky enough to be sent these as part of an international beauty products swap.
 
Opening the body lotion and taking an exploratory sniff, I was pleased to find a fresh, clean smell with a hint of flower. The fragrance is very subtle on all of the products I tried. I much prefer a more subtle smell as I don't like my body lotion to fight with my perfume, but I can see that it could easily not be strong enough for many people's taste.


One of the main ingredients of the bath dust is Shea Butter, and although this is evident from the swirling whiteness it creates through the bathtub, it lacks the greasisness that a lot of heavily butter based products have. Whilst I agree that the oiliness gives you plenty of softness in your skin, I find that if you wash your hair in the same bath it will also be oilier. I was very pleased to see that this was not the case with the Barefoot Venus bath.



No comments:

Post a Comment