Wednesday 20 July 2011

Non surgical brow lift... yes please...

It's been awhile since I used Avon products. I'll admit it, I'm dazzled by the big name brands - the MACs and BeneFits that promise to do the beauty impossible whilst being packed in kitsch. I'm also genuinely loyal to my skincare holy grail (Clarins day and night creams) that I have been using since I was 21. But Avon? Well, it's something my mum used... That was until one of my favourite Big Wardrobe swappers introduced me to the Avon range and before long, I wasn't only swapping, I was buying!

I have been absolutely blown away by this product "ANEW Clinical Eye Lift Pro". Costing a hefty £19.50 (rivalling the prices of many of the big skincare brands), this little pot offers two distinct products in one. A brow lift using surgical grade technology to improve hooded eyes; and an under eye cream to deal with fine lines, sagging, and dark circles. The reviews on the Avon website are very favourable and this is one of their best sellers. Not only that, there was a special offer of £10 for the cream, sunglasses AND a mascara. It had to be worth a try.

The Brow life (labelled 1 on the photo) feels instantly tightening and it does actually seem to lift and tighten my brow. I have naturally deep set eyes and they tend to appear hooded, especially as my skin is now beginning to show signs of aging.

The under eye cream (labelled 2 on the photo) also has a slight tightening and cooling effect on application. It doesn't bunch the wrinkles, making your eyes puffy (and your wrinkles therefore more pronounced, just taking up less space); or worse - smear your undereye down across the top of your cheeks giving you dark hollows that give you a skeleton look. What it does is much gentler than this, smoothing and softening. As a base underneath concealer, powder, and eye shadow, this makes an absolutely amazing transformation on my eyes. I do have an issue with the pot itself however; although it comes with the inner lid, this isn't really going to be enough to make sure that the two products stay apart in transit, which means I can't throw it at the bottom of my make up bag and forget about it.

As you can see from the photograph, there is a definite (if small) difference. The brow is lifted, showing more of my eyelid; and the wrinkles underneath my eye are reduced and smoothed. It hasn't totally changed things - my eye is still hooded, but the difference, albeit slight, is enough for me to keep spending on the product. (In both photos I am wearing MAC Select Cover Up Concealer in NW20 under the eye, and MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW15 above the eye)
I have tried a few 'miracle' eye creams in my time.
The second best product I have tried is BeneFit's Ooh La La Lift which smoothed my lines away, and diminished the effect of dark circles, but seemed to spread my under eye area out across my cheeks leaving skeletal hollows. It also seems to have a strange reflective quality in flash photography which makes it obvious that someone is wearing it in night out photos. I have also tried Clarin's Eye Revive Beauty Flash Balm, MAC Prep and Prime Eye Vibrancy, Lancome Renargie Yeux, and BeneFit Eye Con (which looks discontinued now). All of these seemed to have no obvious effects. If they were doing something, I missed it. Each of them I forgot to keep wearing after about a week and didn't notice the difference when I stopped.

There are a lot of eye creams out there, with some very big promises. Time and time again, these promises just don't seem to stack up when it comes to my eyes. However, this time, I think Avon's Anew Clinical Eye Lift Pro really has come up with a product that makes a noticable difference to my eyes. And that, to me, is a reason for you to give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment