Friday 8 July 2011

MAC Semi Precious Collection haul!

Yesterday, MAC's new make up collection launched. I have been waiting for this one for some time. It boasted eye shadows, mineralised face powders, gorgeous blushes, and lipsticks, among other things. All around the theme of semi precious stones. You don't need to tell me about this collection twice!

In preparation for this new collection I have spent the last few months clearing out my make up bags, swapping things I only managed to use a few times for clothes for myself and toys for my daughter; as well as selling make up and anything else I could find laying around the house not being used to raise the funds for this collection. I've hauled a few things from this collection. Here are my thoughts on my haul:

Hint of Sapphire and Blue Sheen mineralised eye shadows. MAC mineral eye shadows often seem to be the Marmite of make up. You are either a super fan, or you have no time for them.
I'm a fan and these particular shadows seem to hold just the right amount of shimmer without being glittery. The colours themselves are a lot less bright than they appear in the pot, but this is expected as they swirl together to create a colour that has depth and texture. There are twelve of these eye shadows in the collection. I chose the two blues. I am a sucker for blue eye shadow but find it difficult to get just the right colour for my eyes as often I end up with a clash or with an "Abba classic" look. I'm pleased with the way this colour combination worked out.
I also went for the 'Gem of Roses' lipstick. This is a classically simple design - gentle pink with slight shimmer. Yet, simple though it is, it manages to be quite an unusual colour. It is very understated and pretty and works well with my skin tone, although it doesn't have that 'wow' factor that some of the recent MAC lipsticks have had. I'm not 100% sure I'll be keeping this colour. It's probably one of the closest things I'll ever find to the 'My Lips But Better' holy grail of lipsticks, but I just can't see myself remembering to go looking for it and fear it may well find itself next discovered when I am looking for funds for the next MAC Haul.
The final product from my Semi Precious haul is MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in 'Rose Quartz' - this is a beauty powder with a rosey blush, implanted with a shimmery mix of colour in the centre, rather like a chunk of cut... well... quartz. I'm in love with this MSF. The colour is slightly more of a bronzer on my NW20 skin (for those of you not used to the MAC system - NW is 'not warm'... ie cool toned and the 20 is the second palest foundation colour available). The shimmer highlights my cheekbones well, which is no mean feat when you consider that I have one of those faces with slightly pudgy round cheeks. It also manages to shine without falling in every single pore and highlighting them. BeneFit take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment