Friday 8 July 2011

Getting started

So here I am. Part of me is wondering why in fact giving myself another reason to be surgically attached to the internet is a good idea. After all, it's not exactly as though I have any TIME to sit and blog. And besides, I have projects coming out of my ears that might just, at some point, contribute positively to my ever spiralling into minus figures budget. Blogs that are there to bring PR to the already published books, and to direct unsuspecting internet dwellers happily towards workshops.


So with this in mind, I choose a rainy Friday morning to start a blog, the sole purpose of which is to bitch, whine, brag, and laugh at my life. To be honest, I'm quite excited about writing for fun again. The prospect of chatting about the things that actually aren't really of interest to the wider world, yet unashamedly sharing them in a way that suggests that actually I think the world NEEDS to know it all.

I am a thirty something woman with a scarily intelligent husband and a busy three year old daughter, a four day a week 'day' job working as a trainer, and a seven day a week 'hobby job' that shares my slightly geeky passion with others. The day job pays, the hobby job covers it's own costs. Sometimes. Due to this slightly non-sensical division of time, I am also on a ridiculously tight budget which means I am constantly finding newer and more innovative ways to live in a cheaper way. Or rather, finding crazy ways to get the things I want/ need for cheaper.

I am heavily addicted to my Kindle, as well as to make up and fashion. I am also heavily addicted to wonderful food. I love to cook and bake and to revel in great food. This has the unsurprising side effect of leaving me fighting to stay the right side of a size 12. Thank goodness for the free gym at work. Well, when I say free gym... what I really mean is.. slightly smelly classroom with a few bits of exercise equipment the majority of which are broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment