Friday 30 September 2011

60s inspired smoky eye

Perfecting the smoky eye look has always been something that I've struggled with. Partly due to my hooded eyes, but also partly because I just never quite had good enough tools/ products to perfect it with. Although I am unlucky enough to be afflicted with deep set eyes; I am also luckly enough to be blessed with almond shaped eyes so I love to emphasis this with an over exaggerated wing. Perfect for the smoky look.
To start, I used a neutral powder eyeshadow across the lid and a slightly darker neutral powder in the socket. I used Avon's new six eyeshadow neutral palette, which I have been really impressed with. It took me awhile to pluck up the courage to try Avon make up, I will admit, but I am very pleased I have as this one has not left my bag since! I used a black liner to line the outer half of the upper lid, specifically, Oriflame's Kajal eyeliner stick, a really soft liner that is super easy to work with.

Next, I smudged the eyeliner and applied a charcoal shadow above it and across further into the eyelid, using the same colour in the socket. I used the same shadow again to line underneath the eye in the outer corner and blend a silver/ grey shadow across the lid.

Apply mascara. I used Avon's Supercurlacious mascara which is my current favourite.

I was inspired to give the smoky eye look a whirl due to a special offer Oriflame are currently running - a smoky eye shadow palette and a neutral plumping lipstick for £10. Yes please, I said!
I chose the smoky black shadow and the plumping pink out of a choice of three shadows and three neutral toned lipsticks.

Lipstick and smoky eye palette = £9.95
Kajal eyeliner stick = £5.95
Supercurlacious mascara = £8.50
Neutral eyes palette =currently on special offer in Avon brochure 16 at a mere £4.99

The finished result below includes Oriflame Matt Control Foundation, MAC Mighty Aphrodite Blush; and on my brows... the HD Brow set that came to me as a part of September's Glossybox ! Having been a BeneFit BrowZings worshipper for the best part of seven years, I am shocked that I've found anything I like more; especially as it doesn't include any wax. I have a new saviour now!

1 comment: