Saturday, 2 November 2013

Face of the Day!

It's been a long time since I ventured into the Face of the Day/ Outfit of the Day territory but this morning I had a bit of time (unusual in itself!) between baby nap time and shopping time.

The weather here has crisped up nicely and I'm making the most of that rosy cheeked look. After the heavy make up days of Halloween I decided to go with a nice wholesome naturally healthy look.
 I started with a base of Lumene CC cream mixed with Urban Decay's Naked Skin. 

The Lumene is pretty amazing stuff at keeping my skin healthy and helping to calm and neutralise those pesky red tones. It doesn't really give a lot of coverage however, which is mostly because CC creams are far lighter than BB creams.
 
The Naked Skin on the other hand is on the thicker side of BB creams and gives a far stronger coverage. It is a little dark for me at this time of year but using the CC cream with it neutralises the brassiness and give a really nice finish.

I then added the Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Primer. This
is really reasonably priced but does an amazing job. I finished the base with Canmake Marshmallow powder to even out my pores and fine

lines, and gave my eyebrows a little shading with Urban Decay Brow Box.

 
I contoured with the Kiko Bronzer palette and added the rosiness back to my cheeks with Illamasqua Nymph which is perfect for this time of year. For my lips I went for the LAQA gloss pencil in Fairylight. It's called Fairylight, how could I not? 


And on my eyes I used the ELF palette and mascara that came with the Cruella de Vil ELF set. This is a really lovely warm eyeshadow palette in neutral shades.

I'll be popping outside this evening to watch the fireworks from the end of my street and in honour of that I'm wearing Demeter Fragrance Library's Holy Smoke fragrance for today. It smells just like incense!

What make up and perfume are you wearing today? Do you have any firework displays near you for Divali/ Guy Fawkes?